The Navigator consultancy, the partner of the All-Ukrainian recruitment agency Alternativa, has performed in 2010 regular interrogation of its surfers.
At their site the following questions were put:
Why could you change your job?
What is the main reason?
In total 396 answers have been received.
Here the results of interrogation are summarized:
- Salary: 18%
- Promotion track: 11%
- Professional growth: 10%
- New knowledge: 9%
- More interesting tasks: 7%
- Respect of administration: 6%
- Better social package: 5%
- Friendly staff: 4%
- Creative work: 4%
- Extended circle of acquaintance: 4%
- Corporate culture: 3%
- Comfort working place: 3%
- Extended independency: 3%
- Flexible working schedule: 3%
- Official registration: 3%
- Prestige of the company: 2%
- Close to the home: 2%
- Service car: 2%
- Smaller work for the same pay: 2%
- Work in the own profession: 1%
- Other: 1%
Use this statistics at analyzing motivation of applicants. Find out the underlying reasons in the beginning of interview. Estimate – have your company any advantages over the past working place of the applicant or not. If yes – use them as far as possible. If no – search for other motives of the applicant (certainly, if you are interested in him…)